OU football: Sooners get commitment from receiver Austin Bennett
Oklahoma picked up its 11th commitment of the 2013 recruiting class on Wednesday when wide receiver Austin Bennett committed to the Sooners.
Bennett (6-foot, 170 pounds) is the second wide receiver to commit to the Sooners, joining Jenks' Jordan Smallwood, who committed earlier this month.
The Manvel, Texas, player's commitment was first reported by ESPN.com. He is the fifth Sooner commitment from Texas.
Bennett committed to Arkansas in early March but decided to reopen his recruitment after Bobby Petrino was fired as the Razorbacks' coach in April.
Bennett also held offers from Mississippi, Mississippi State, SMU, TCU, Tulsa and West Virginia.
He picked up an offer from the Sooners earlier this month and made his commitment official during a visit to Norman.
The verbal commitment is nonbinding. He can sign beginning Feb. 6, 2013.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad