OU football: Sooners get commitment from receiver Austin Bennett
Oklahoma picked up its 11th commitment of the 2013 recruiting class on Wednesday when wide receiver Austin Bennett committed to the Sooners.
Bennett (6-foot, 170 pounds) is the second wide receiver to commit to the Sooners, joining Jenks' Jordan Smallwood, who committed earlier this month.
The Manvel, Texas, player's commitment was first reported by ESPN.com. He is the fifth Sooner commitment from Texas.
Bennett committed to Arkansas in early March but decided to reopen his recruitment after Bobby Petrino was fired as the Razorbacks' coach in April.
Bennett also held offers from Mississippi, Mississippi State, SMU, TCU, Tulsa and West Virginia.
He picked up an offer from the Sooners earlier this month and made his commitment official during a visit to Norman.
The verbal commitment is nonbinding. He can sign beginning Feb. 6, 2013.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims