Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Trent WilliamsBut as for who is playing the best? Well, how about Trent Williams? "You could make that argument,” running back Chris Brown said. "He has great technique, great feet. "He's the complete player.” On an offensive line loaded with stars and seniors, the junior right tackle might be playing better than anyone heading into the fourth game of the season. "He's a guy that sometimes goes under the radar because he's younger than some of those guys, but he has been every bit as consistent or more than anyone we've had up there for two years now,” coach Bob Stoops said. "Trent's playing really well.” After rotating in behind Branndon Braxton the past two seasons, Williams earned the starting spot over Braxton this year. In a 52-26 victory over Cincinnati, Williams had a game-high 15 knockdowns, which helped the Sooners accumulate 592 yards of offense. "He has been playing at a high level,” offensive line coach James Patton said. "He's physical, athletic, strong and consistent. Trent has had a pretty good start to the season. He's been grading out high.” Saturday, Williams will have his toughest matchup of the season thus far in TCU defensive end Jerry Hughes.
OU football: Spotlight is starting to find Williams
NORMAN — On the Oklahoma offensive line, Duke Robinson is discussed the most, because he's an All-American.Phil Loadholt is noticed the most, because he's 6-foot-8, 340 pounds.
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation