OU Medical System names new CEO
Charles L. Spicer Jr. has been selected as the next president and CEO of OU Medical System.
In his new role, Spicer will oversees all entities of OU Medical System, a licensed 776-bed system comprised of three hospital facilities: OU Medical Center, The Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center and OU Medical Center Edmond.
“Charles Spicer's selection as president and CEO of the OU Medical Center will help lift the hospital system to an even higher level of excellence,” University of Oklahoma President David Boren said.
Before his time with OU Medical System, Chuck served in executive leadership positions within the University of Texas Health System and with Texas Health Resources in Dallas. He earned a master's degree from Trinity University and a bachelor's degree from Baylor University.
Spicer serves as an ex officio member of the Children's Hospital Foundation Board and the OU Medical Center Board of Trustees. He also serves on the board of the Ronald McDonald House Charities and developed the Children's Hospital Health Alliance, a consortium of local agencies with missions in support of Children's Hospital.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims