OU men's basketball notebook
CAPEL ON NBA
OU coach Jeff Capel said he would like the new NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement to allow players to go straight to the league out of high school but if they attend college be required to stay at least two seasons.
NewsOK Related Articles
“You should have the right to go earn a living,” Capel said. “But the way it is now makes a mockery of the education system.
“If your university doesn't have an attendance policy of any sort, a kid who knows he's going to be one-and-done doesn't have to go to school the second semester, just sign up for classes. I've known guys that have done that, even back when I was playing.”
OU is mired in a seven-game losing streak but can be seeded as high as eighth in the Big 12 Tournament.
The Sooners will be seeded no lower than 10th with a win Wednesday night at Texas Tech. If they also defeat Oklahoma State on Saturday, the Sooners would be seeded no lower than ninth, owning the tiebreaker over the Cowboys based on a better South division record.
If OU loses both games this week, the Sooners will be seeded 11th.
CLARK HITTING WALL?
Freshman Cameron Clark leads the team and is sixth in the league in minutes played (35.8) in conference games.
“The thing you worry about with Cameron is him hitting the wall,” Capel said. “He's played so many minutes for us all year. Freshmen usually hit the wall, especially guys that play as many minutes as he's played. But he continues to do some good things.”
Clark is averaging 10.1 points in league play, 9.6 points for the season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20726Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16618Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11933Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11447Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10097Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9885OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9809Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss