Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
But thanks to a strong nonconference schedule and a win over Texas, the Sooners dominated the third element of the BCS, the computer ratings, where OU was ranked first. The Sooners are followed in the BCS Standings by Oregon, Boise State, Auburn and TCU. Undefeated Oklahoma State, which moved up to No. 15 in both the Coaches and Harris polls, opened up at No. 14 in the BCS. Missouri, OUâ€™s upcoming opponent, is ranked No. 11.
OU No. 1 in BCS Standings; OSU at No. 14
Oklahoma is No. 1.The Sooners debuted atop the first BCS Standings of the season, released on ESPN on Sunday night. OU was No. 3 in the Coaches' Poll, and No. 4 in the Harris, which comprise two-thirds of the BCS formula.
Videoview all videos
Oct 17The Cowboys dominate both sides of the ball as OSU gets...
Oct 17DeMarco Murray scored three times to set the OU career...
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M