OU notebook: Center Ben Habern returns to practice
Videoview all videos
Oct 31Roy Finch carried the load against Kansas State after...
Oct 31Falling only to No. 9 played to OU's advantage. The...
Photoview all 44 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
BACK TO RB BY COMMITTEE
Stoops said during two-a-days the Sooners would be running back by committee. That game plan was altered when Dominique Whaley proved he could be productive with 20-plus carries.
Now that Whaley has suffered a season-ending ankle injury, OU will alternate Roy Finch, Brennan Clay and Brandon Williams. Clay has been hampered by a shoulder injury the past month.
“Brennan Clay is more healthy now, and that's helpful,” Stoops said. “We'll get Brandon Williams more opportunities and carries, as well. All of those guys are probably best if each of them plays about 25 snaps. That's their body types. They'll all be better if you split it up that way.”
TIME TO SAY GOODBYE
Players don't follow the constant conference shuffling, but Big 12 players are well aware Texas A&M is leaving for the SEC. Wins over the Aggies are always special, this season even more so according to Ikard.
“It's bittersweet,” Ikard said. “They're a great team. They're a couple of plays away from being undefeated. Obviously, they played us really tough last year. You wish them the best of luck in the SEC...”
SWITZER STATUE TO BE UNVEILED
A statue of former OU coach Barry Switzer will be unveiled Saturday at 12:30 p.m., east of the Barry Switzer Center near the Bennie Owen and Bud Wilkinson statues.
Switzer led the Sooners to three national titles, 12 Big Eight titles and has won more games than any OU football coach (157-29-4, including a 100-11-1 record in conference games).
The sculptor was Jack Nortz, who has done projects that include: President Ronald Reagan, Bear Bryant, sportscasters Jim McKay and Grantland Rice and OU Heisman winner Sam Bradford.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister