Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Jones had surgery Saturday. “We were in a team period and it just buckled on him,” coach Bob Stoops said. Jones is expected to be out six months, meaning the Sooners might not get him back until October. Jones, who has 10 career starts, was projected to replace Eric Mensik and be OU’s full-time starting right bookend after splitting time with Donald Stephenson at left tackle last season. With Jones out, the Sooners will likely turn to freshman Daryl Williams and sophomore Josh Aladenoye to fill the void. Williams redshirted last season, while Aladenoye appeared in 12 games as a reserve.
OU offensive tackle Jarvis Jones suffers knee injury
The Sooners could be without Jarvis Jones for the first half of next season after the starting right tackle tore a tendon in his right patella during Friday’s practice.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes