OU, OSU kickers named to Groza Award list
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The placekickers for Oklahoma and Oklahoma State have each been named to the watch list for the 2012 Lou Groza Award.
OU sophomore Michael Hunnicut and OSU senior Quinn Sharp are among 30 kickers on the list released Wednesday by the Palm Beach County Sports Commission. The commission presents the award that's named for NFL Hall of Fame kicker Lou Groza.
Sharp was a semifinalist for the award last year after being named first team All-Big 12 as both placekicker and punter and being selected the Big 12 Special Teams player of the year.
As a freshman, Hunnicut tied the OU school record with 21 field goals last season and was honorable mention All-Big 12.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11884OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7018Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5955Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5764Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4633Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4517Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers