OU, OSU kickers named to Groza Award list
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The placekickers for Oklahoma and Oklahoma State have each been named to the watch list for the 2012 Lou Groza Award.
OU sophomore Michael Hunnicut and OSU senior Quinn Sharp are among 30 kickers on the list released Wednesday by the Palm Beach County Sports Commission. The commission presents the award that's named for NFL Hall of Fame kicker Lou Groza.
Sharp was a semifinalist for the award last year after being named first team All-Big 12 as both placekicker and punter and being selected the Big 12 Special Teams player of the year.
As a freshman, Hunnicut tied the OU school record with 21 field goals last season and was honorable mention All-Big 12.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in