OU, OSU learn foes for early season basketball tournaments
OSU to face Akron in Puerto Rico
Oklahoma State will open the Puerto Rico Tipoff by playing Akron at 9:30 a.m. on Nov. 15.
The eight-team bracket for the tournament at Coliseo de Puerto Rico in San Juan, Puerto Rico was announced Thursday. The OSU-Akron game will be broadcast on ESPNU (Cox 253).
The OSU-Akron winner will play the winner of the Tennessee-UNC Asheville game, and the losers will also meet, on Nov. 16. N.C. State, Penn State, Providence and Massachusetts are also in the field.
OU to face UTEP in Old Spice Classic
The OU men's basketball team will open the 2012 Old Spice Classic against UTEP at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, Nov. 22). The eight-team bracket for the tournament at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Fla., was announced Thursday. The OU-UTEP game will be broadcast on ESPN2 (Cox 28).
The Miners are coached by Tim Floyd and went 15-17 last season. John Bohannon, a 6-foot-10 center, led UTEP with averages of 11.5 points and 7.3 rebounds in 2011-12.
The OU-UTEP winner will play the winner of the Clemson-Gonzaga game, and the first-round losers of those games will also meet on Nov. 23. Vanderbilt, Davidson, West Virginia and Marist are also in the tournament.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 83827Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81813Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34696Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 28482Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 15922Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12591Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 8828Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman