OU quarterback Landry Jones: ‘We kept throwing punches, kept playing ball'
Q&A: LANDRY JONES — “One-on-one, I'll take our guys against a lot of people in this country.”
MANHATTAN, Kan. — Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones threw for a school-record 505 yards and five touchdowns in the Sooners' 58-17 road rout of Kansas State. Jones also passed Sam Bradford for the school's career touchdowns mark.
Videoview all videos
Oct 30Berry Tramel and Travis Haney explain how the Sooners...
Oct 30Landry Jones set a school record with 505 passing yards,...
Photoview all 42 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Was this week a contrast to last week's inconsistency for you and the offense?
The offense was really executing and everyone was doing their jobs. We put up good numbers and everyone did a good job.
What did you make of the challenge, going up against a physical team like K-State, compared to more of a finesse team like Texas Tech?
We just came out with a focus, to just keep playing ball. Kansas State's a really good team – a solid, sound, disciplined group. We just kept throwing punches, kept playing ball. Eventually we kind of opened it up there.
Was the game plan coming in to throw the ball more and take advantage of the Wildcats' passing defense?
The plan was to win the game. Whichever way we had to get it done is the way we wanted to get it done. Tonight we were pretty successful all around, running and throwing the ball, doing a lot of good things on offense.
Your receivers had a big night with athletic and acrobatic catches. What does that do for a quarterback, knowing your guys can make plays like that?
Those guys are great. You know, we have one of the best receiving corps in the country. It's fortunate to me you can do those things, put the ball in the air and let them go make competitive plays. One-on-one, I'll take our guys against a lot of people in this country.
By Travis Haney
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated