OU receiver Jaz Reynolds takes advantage of first career start
OKLAHOMA 38, MISSOURI 28 – Jaz Reynolds sat out most of last season for making insensitive comments on Twitter. But with Kenny Stills out, Reynolds made the most of his opportunity Saturday night.
“I'm more relieved that I've still got it,” Reynolds said. “I never had any doubts. But this was really my first game back in a long time. I didn't know how the fans would accept me. If I messed up would they boo me?
“There was a lot going through my head. But after the first catch it just started rolling.”
Broyles, an All-American, remains OU's top target. He had another monster game Saturday night with 13 catches for 154 yards and three touchdowns.
Stills set freshman receiving records last season and was the offensive star last week in the win at Florida State.
Dejuan Miller is the senior who has earned the third starting slot.
Franks, another sophomore who played well last year as a true freshman, was the No. 4 receiver.
Reynolds had 13 catches for 256 yards his freshman year but fell back on the depth chart after his Twitter post following a shooting on the University of Texas campus.
“It was humbling, having to sit out a whole year,” Reynolds said. “All the way back to high school, I never had to sit out more than a couple of plays. I had to sit out an entire year. I learned a lot from it.”
Reynolds proved what OU coaches have said for months — the Sooners are deep and talented at receiver.
“I've been talking Jaz up in the spring and summer that he's show he can be really dependable,” Stoops said. “Dejuan (also) had a nice day. We have other guys. And Kenny will be back.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims