OU recruiting: Broken Arrow's Devon Thomas commits to Sooners
Junior running back announces via Twitter his decision just as OU was wrapping up its victory against West Virginia.
A night after his team's season ended and just as Oklahoma's win over West Virginia was wrapping up, Broken Arrow junior running back Devon Thomas announced his intention to commit to the Sooners.
“Well, i have decided.... im gonna commit to the university of Oklahoma #Sooners,” Thomas tweeted.
His commitment was later confirmed.
Thomas becomes the second player to commit to the Sooners from the 2014 class, joining Texas City, Texas, wide receiver Armanti Foreman.
Thomas (5-foot-10, 190 pounds) carried 17 times for 58 yards in Broken Arrow's 24-16 loss to Norman North on Friday night.
He also has offers from Oklahoma State, Clemson, Houston and West Virginia.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18759Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10409Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9339Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7780Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6796UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6582Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister