OU recruiting: Norman North's Jordan Evans commits to Sooners
Videoview all videos
Nov 27Looks like Tennessee and its media won’t get the man...
Photoview all photos
Evans first called Sooners linebackers coach Tim Kish to tell him the news, and Kish handed the phone to Sooners coach Bob Stoops.
“They were both really excited to hear it,” Evans said.
While Evans will likely play linebacker at OU, he said Sooners coaches have also said they could see him spending time at either safety or defensive end. In last Saturday’s win over Owasso that sent the Timberwolves to the Class 6A title game, Evans returned a kick for a touchdown and had a sack on the game’s final play to seal the win.
Evans has scored a special teams touchdown in each of the Timberwolves’ three playoff games.
He becomes the second linebacker commitment for the Sooners, joining Dallas Jesuit’s Jordan Mastrogiovanni.
A day earlier, the Sooners got a commitment from junior college punter Jed Barnett.
Evans’ commitment is nonbinding. He cannot sign until Feb. 6.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?