OU recruiting notebook: D.J. Ward makes another visit to Norman
A night after a big-time performance, especially in the second half, in Lawton's 40-14 win over Mustang, junior defensive end D.J. Ward visited Norman for Saturday night's OU-Missouri game.
OU COMMITMENT LIST
Name – Pos. – Ht. – Wt. – Hometown (School)
Daniel Brooks - Ath. - 5-10 - 170 - Port Lavaca, Texas (Calhoun)
Ty Darlington - OL - 6-3 - 275 - Apopka, Fla.
Laith Harlow - TE - 6-5 - 240 - Tallahassee, Fla. (Godby)
DeVante Harris - DB - 5-11 - 160 - Mesquite, Texas (Horn)
Trevor Knight - QB - 6-3 - 190 - San Antonio (Ronald Reagan)
Polo Manukainiu - DE - 6-6 - 256 - - Euless, Texas (Trinity)
Kyle Marrs - OL - 6-6 - 302 - San Antonio (Brandeis)
John Michael McGee - OL - 6-4 - 260 - Texarkana, Texas (Texas)
Trey Metoyer - WR - 6-2 - 198 - Whitehouse, Texas (Hargrave Military)
Durron Neal - WR - 6-1 - 195 - St. Louis, Mo. (DeSmet)
Alex Ross - RB - 6-1 - 205 - Jenks
Sterling Shepard - WR - 5-10 - 175 - Heritage Hall
Eric Striker - Armwood (Seffner, Fla.) - LB - 6-1 - 190
Charles Tapper - City College (Baltimore, Md.) - DE - 6-4 - 245
Ward has eight Division I offers, including from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Tulsa.
“I'm just trying to take advantage of it and enjoying it as much as I can,” Ward said of the recruiting process.
Ward also was at OU's win over Tulsa earlier this month.
“His arm length is massive,” Lawton coach Randy Breeze said of Ward. “The bench strength he has combined with his arm length is one of the things that makes him so good.”
In addition to Ward, there were plenty other in-state players expected to visit Saturday, highlighted by quarterbacks Joel Blumenthal of Deer Creek, Justice Hansen of Edmond Santa Fe and Brayden Scott of Sequoyah Tahlequah.
Other in-state recruits who were expected include Lawton MacArthur running back Darius Graham and McAlester linebacker Devin Rolan.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments