OU recruiting: Sooners steal Baylor commit, offensive lineman Dionte Savage
Savage blocked for OU running back Damien Williams when both played at Arizona Western Community College.
Oklahoma went back to some familiar territory to get its latest commitment.
Arizona Western Community College offensive guard Dionte Savage committed to the Sooners on Monday, two days before signing day, after a weekend visit to Norman.
Videoview all videos
Feb 4Thomas stunned OU co-offensive coordinator Josh Heupel...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Savage (6-foot-5, 345 pounds) blocked for Damien Williams during the 2011 season before Williams signed with Oklahoma.
Savage's commitment was first reported by Rivals.com.
He committed to Baylor in mid-January but immediately took visits to Texas Tech, Kansas and Oklahoma over the last week-plus.
He remained committed to the Bears after visiting Lubbock and Lawrence, but the weekend visit to Norman swayed him to sign with the Sooners.
Savage is the Sooners' 23rd commitment for the 2013 class and the third offensive lineman. He joins junior college tackle Josiah St. John and Houston Stratford High School tackle Christian Daimler as offensive line commits.
Savage will need to make a quick impact as he's already used his redshirt season. With Adam Shead and Bronson Irwin returning at the guard spots, Savage will have to fight for playing time.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater