OU report card: Sooners get high marks in just about every phase
PASS COVERAGE: A
Even with cornerback Jamell Fleming injured, OU's secondary played well. Freshman Aaron Colvin shined in his Red River debut, as did sophomore Demontre Hurst.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 86 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
GAME MANAGEMENT: D
A dubious fake field goal, botched communication on the play Landry Jones fumbled, no one even semi-deep on Texas' final kickoff. Bob Stoops and staff lost their minds in the last 61/2 minutes.
Travis Lewis' parade around the field wearing the Golden Hat was cool, but the standard is the hat being passed around even to players hitching a ride on the Schooner.
The Sooners tried to assault the Texas defensive front and mostly were successful. OU tailbacks averaged just 3.95 yards per carry, but DeMarco Murray had 115 yards on 25 carries. And the Sooner pass protection was solid.
After a week (or three) of criticism, middle man Tom Wort played well, and Lewis was great as usual. Each had 10 tackles.
ALUMNI ALLEGIANCE: A
Adrian Peterson, G.K. McCoy and Phil Loadholt, all given NFL byes this week, showed up to cheer on the Sooners, and McCoy encouraged his old defensive linemates during pregame drills.
LANDRY JONES: B
Jones was superb most of the day, making great decisions and good throws. But that late fumble can't happen, even though coaches took the fall.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad