OU spring football: Iowa transfer Brandon Wegher leaves Sooners
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Roy Finch, Brennan Clay and now freshman Brandon Williams have Sooner fans elated about their future backfield.
But don't discount sophomore running back Jonathon Miller, who is finally healthy after undergoing season-ending knee injury to repair cartilage damage in his knee two seasons ago.
“I feel real good,” Miller said. “Best I've felt since the injury.”
Miller averaged 7.2 yards on 18 carries as a true freshman before going down with the injury midway through the season.
Miller tried to come back last season, but the knee was still bothering him.
“It was hurting me through two-a-days,” he said. So I decided to take the redshirt year and get it right.”
At 5-foot-11, 200 pounds, Miller is OU's biggest back and could be a valuable foil to scatbacks Finch and Clay.
“That's the good thing about our backfield,” Miller said. “We got guys who are quick twitch and guys that can run you over.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 24265Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15789Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10553Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9606Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9126Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8599Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8494Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena