OU trombone choir to perform in Norman concert
The University of Oklahoma Trombone Choir will appear on Sunday in a combined concert with the Oklahoma City Community Orchestra. The concert will be at 8 p.m. in Sharp Concert Hall in the Catlett Music Center.
NORMAN — Members of the University of Oklahoma Trombone Choir will be special guests Sunday in a combined concert with the Oklahoma Community Orchestra. The concert will be at 8 p.m. in Sharp Concert Hall in the Catlett Music Center, 500 W Boyd St.
Dr. Irvin L. Wagner, professor of trombone at OU, composed two of the works to be performed. The compositions are “Royal Music” and “And the Greatest of These is …”
Wagner composed “And the Greatest of These is …” for an international festival in Brisbane, Australia, and conducted the premier performance with the Queensland Symphony Orchestra with trombonists from 32 countries.
“The blank last word can be substituted by the listener,” Wagner said. “For some, the greatest of these might be love, for some peace, for others freedom, and so on.”
Tickets for the concert are $10 and can be purchased at the door.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in