OU-UTEP telecast manages 12.6 rating, lowest for Sooner football game in at least five years
Previous low was 14.4 for two games
OU's 9:30 p.m. kickoff Saturday for its season-opener at UTEP helped produce the Sooners' lowest rating in at least five years — 12.6 on Fox Sports Oklahoma. The telecast peaked at 14.1 at 12:30 a.m. The previous low in that time period had been 14.4, both for an Iowa State game in 2010 and a Texas A&M game in 2009. Both telecasts also were on FSOK. A rating was not available for the Savannah State at OSU telecast on Fox College Sports.
Sports events Aug. 28-Sept. 3
1. Oklahoma at UTEP, college football, Saturday, FSOK, 12.6.
2. Alabama vs. Michigan, college football, Saturday, KOCO-5, 6.2.
3. Ohio at Penn State, college football, Saturday, ESPN, 6.0.
4. Boise State at Michigan State, college football, Friday, ESPN, 5.9.
5. South Carolina at Vanderbilt, college football, Thursday, ESPN, 5.1.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated