OU-UTEP telecast manages 12.6 rating, lowest for Sooner football game in at least five years
Previous low was 14.4 for two games
OU's 9:30 p.m. kickoff Saturday for its season-opener at UTEP helped produce the Sooners' lowest rating in at least five years — 12.6 on Fox Sports Oklahoma. The telecast peaked at 14.1 at 12:30 a.m. The previous low in that time period had been 14.4, both for an Iowa State game in 2010 and a Texas A&M game in 2009. Both telecasts also were on FSOK. A rating was not available for the Savannah State at OSU telecast on Fox College Sports.
Sports events Aug. 28-Sept. 3
1. Oklahoma at UTEP, college football, Saturday, FSOK, 12.6.
2. Alabama vs. Michigan, college football, Saturday, KOCO-5, 6.2.
3. Ohio at Penn State, college football, Saturday, ESPN, 6.0.
4. Boise State at Michigan State, college football, Friday, ESPN, 5.9.
5. South Carolina at Vanderbilt, college football, Thursday, ESPN, 5.1.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims