OU women's basketball: Aaryn Ellenberg named Big 12 player of the week
Oklahoma's Aaryn Ellenberg was named the Big 12's women's Player of the Week for her performance in the Sooners' 70-46 victory over UC Riverside on Dec. 20.
Ellenberg had 27 points in the game. She scored 14 first-half points, leading the Sooners to a 32-22 halftime advantage while the team struggled to a 30 percent field goal shooting mark over the first 20 minutes.
The junior ignited Oklahoma's offense immediately in the second half, spurring a 14-0 run by hitting back-to-back 3-pointers and assisting on the next two. Ellenberg was 6-of-8 from beyond the arc and had four assists to zero turnovers.
Ellenberg leads the Sooners with 17.3 points per game and is the conference leader in 3-point shooting percentage (.494) and makes per game (3.5).
Oklahoma returns to the court Saturday when it hosts Cal State Northridge.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims