OU women's basketball: Know the opponent — Central Michigan
The Sooners face the 11th-seeded Chippewas in first round of the NCAA Tournament. Here's a guide to Central Michigan.
Columbus, Ohio, will be home to the first meeting between Oklahoma and its first NCAA Tournament opponent — Central Michigan.
The 11th-seeded Chippewas earned an automatic bid via their win in the Mid-American Conference tournament championship game by beating Akron.
NewsOK Related Articles
Here is what you need to know about the team and school:
*Opponent: Central Michigan
*Record: 21-11 overall, 12-4 Mid-American
*League finish: second in West Division
*NCAA berth: Automatic
*RPI rank: 47
*Star player — Crystal Bradford.
The sophomore guard leads the team in scoring, rebounding, assists, steals and blocks. As a freshman, she had the second most blocks in a single season for CMU.
*Coach: Sue Guevara (Sixth season at Central Michigan, 97-93 record and 1-3 in NCAA appearances)
*NCAA Tournament history: third appearance, with the last in 1983. The Chippewas actually made back-to-back appearances in 1982 and 1983, but lost both of their opening round games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13287Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12869OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11351Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10099Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8083Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5913Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5414Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers