OU women's basketball notebook: Danielle Robinson ‘has to stay in the game,' not get in foul trouble
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Coale said: "It was her first NCAA Tournament game ever. Fire, fire, fire (up shots)... Some freshmen hide. They don't want the ball. They don't want to shoot. It's easy to coach someone who is confident, they're not afraid."
The Hurricanes view tonight's game as an opportunity to make a statement against an elite program that's played in the past two Final Fours.
"This is really fun for me," Meier said. "Sherri Coale is a great coach. That's a great program. And we get to play them. It isn't anything I'm intimidated by or nervous about. I'm just thrilled and excited. We'll see what we're made of."
Robinson (2,104 career points) is 21 points shy of LaNeisha Caufield, who ranks fourth in school history... McDonald's All American Betnijah Laney, a 6-foot-1 forward who was the Delaware Player of the Year, attended Sunday's game. Laney, who averaged 23.7 points and 10.0 rebounds at Smyrna, has narrowed her choice to OU and Duke... The Sooners are 2-5 all-time when playing a higher seed in the NCAA Tournament.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 71664Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31265Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29267Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 20588Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6679Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6629Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond