OU's next opponent: Breaking down the Texas Longhorns
Campus location: Austin, Texas
Conference: Big 12
Videoview all videos
Sep 26OU gets a win in its first road game of the season,...
Sep 26Berry Tramel and Jake Trotter explore the Sooners' 31-29...
Photoview all 34 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Last game: Texas coughed off five turnovers, and UCLA ran for 264 yards to stun the Longhorns in Austin, 34-12.
Last meeting with OU: Texas knocked Sam Bradford out of the game early, but the Sooners hung tough before succumbing, 16-13.
Best players: The Longhorns boast a secondary loaded with NFL potential, headlined by cornerbacks Curtis Brown, Chykie Brown and Aaron Williams.
Why they could win: Despite the embarrassing performance against UCLA, Texas is still capable of winning the Big 12. The Longhorns have the top defensive backfield in college football, and will present Ryan Broyles the toughest challenge in his career.
Why they could lose: Texas' run defense looked pitiful against UCLA, but the Longhorns' bigger problems lie on offense, where they are searching for an identity. Are they a run team? A pass team? So far, they haven't been good at either. QB Garrett Gilbert has been shaky at best, and he doesn't have a go-to guy like Jordan Shipley to help him.
By Jake Trotter
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?