Outdoors notebook: Bass trail looking for anglers
Backwater Bass'n is seeking new members for its bass tournament trail this season. Lakes where tournaments are scheduled for the 2013 season include Arbuckle, Murray, Texoma, Eufaula, Sardis, Konawa and Sooner.
NewsOK Related Articles
“When they start migrating, we should get a lot of them coming through Oklahoma. Some of our millet seeded areas are really good this time and should hold good numbers of birds on the big water (lakes).”
Raffle for Varmint Hunt
The Oklahoma Youth Shooting and Hunting Program will be raffling a guided varmint hunt in February in northwest Oklahoma to raise money for the program.
People can buy raffle tickets now through Jan. 11. For ticket information, call Tom Fry at 850-2496.
The mission of the Oklahoma Youth Shooting and Hunting Program is to introduce kids to the outdoors by taking kids from non-hunting families on their first deer and turkey hunts.
Fur bearers camp near Chickasha
The Oklahoma Fur Bearers Alliance is holding a youth camp near Chickasha for ages 12 to 18 from Dec. 27-30.
Youth must be accompanied by an adult. For more information, contact John Weygandt at email@example.com or (918) 645-5667.
Walleye record at Carl Blackwell
Ken Huckabee of Norman caught a 5.6-pound walleye at Lake Carl Blackwell in Stillwater on Monday that is the new lake record.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims