Outdoors notebook: Oklahoma City Gun Club schedules sight-in days
The Oklahoma City Gun Club will open its Benchrest range to the public Sept. 15-16 for hunters to sight in their guns for the upcoming hunting seasons.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Quality Deer Management group forming
The Quality Deer Management Association (www.QDMA.com) is hosting a meeting to discuss the formation of a wildlife management cooperative in the greater Butler and Hammon areas on Sept. 25 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Butler Community Building.
The QDMA is a national nonprofit wildlife conservation organization that specializes in education and outreach to landowners, hunters, wildlife resource professionals and the public. For more information on the meeting, contact Kip Adams at Kadams@QDMA.com or (570) 439-5696.
Paul Newsom banquet on Sept. 21
The Tri-City Chapters of Ducks Unlimited will hold a fundraising banquet in honor of the late Paul Newsom on Sept. 21 in Oklahoma City.
The banquet will be at the Eve Centre, 8601 SW 86. Doors open at 6 p.m. Dinner will be served at 7 p.m. with a live auction to follow.
For more information, contact Tim Miller at 593-2657 or email him at email@example.com.
Newsom, who died of cancer in 2009, was host of the outdoors television shows Paul Newsom's Great Outdoors and Hunting the Country.
Delta Waterfowl chapter forms in Oklahoma
An Oklahoma Delta Waterfowl Chapter has organized in Oklahoma City and will hold its first banquet Oct. 6 at the Express Event Center, 8512 NW Expressway.
Delta Waterfowl is a conservation organization that started in 1911 and is the oldest waterfowl conservation organization in the country.
The main focus of the group is duck production and predator management, said Patrick Lambakis, Oklahoma Delta Waterfowl Chapter chairman.
For more information on Delta Waterfowl or tickets to the banquet, visit www.deltawaterfowl.org or call Lambakis at 213-3539.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17700Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8160OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6118Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5947OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4682Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4603Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater