Overall, test scores jump for Oklahoma City Schools
Standardized test scores leaped for high schoolers in Oklahoma City Public Schools. Elementary students’ progress, however, was statistically nonexistent, officials said.
High school students in Oklahoma City Public Schools improved so significantly in math on the state exams this year that the district’s data specialist said he hasn’t seen similar improvements in the past 30 years.
“The size of the jump is bigger statistically than you would predict,” said George Kimball, chief information officer. “I can’t recall ever having 7 percent or 9 percent gains or even...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort