Oversight education switch killed By Gov. Brad Henry
Saying the measure provided no evidence of educational improvements and voicing concerns about increased costs and constitutionality, Gov. Brad Henry vetoed a bill Wednesday to move control of education standards and testing from the state Education Department.
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M