Owasso police put on new wearable cameras
New technology soon may allow the Owasso Police Department to better protect itself and the public.
The city council recently approved the purchase of wearable video cameras that capture images wherever an officer goes.
OWASSO — New technology soon may allow the Owasso Police Department to better protect itself and the public.The city council recently approved the purchase of wearable video cameras that capture images wherever an officer goes. For the past four years, officers have been using in-car video in about a third of the department’s 36-vehicle fleet. But Police Chief Dan Yancey finds the system constraining....
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister