Owens back at Falcons practice, Abraham limited
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — Cornerback Christopher Owens practiced with the Atlanta Falcons for the first time in nearly a month Thursday, and star defensive end John Abraham remains hobbled by an injured left ankle.
Owens had been out since injuring a hamstring in a Dec. 22 victory at Detroit. He was back on the field on a limited basis, raising hopes that he'll be able to play in Sunday's NFC championship game against San Francisco.
Abraham, listed as limited, has done little in practice after reinjuring his ankle in last weekend's playoff victory over Seattle. The Falcons hope he'll be able to play some snaps against the 49ers.
Jonathan Babineaux (shoulder) was limited for the second day in a row. Safety William Moore (hand) and linebacker Stephen Nicholas (foot) both participated fully in practice.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims