Owner of Edmond store is retiring in her own fashion
Lesta Oliver will be closing Edmond’s Simply Southwest. She has been in business for 30 years in Edmond, Guthrie, Tulsa and Oklahoma City.
EDMOND — Lesta Oliver never owned a store-bought dress until she was in the eighth grade. Her mother used the fabric from chicken feed sacks to make clothes for her and her sisters.
The 79-year-old owner of Simply Southwest, in downtown Edmond, has seen a lot of fashion changes since she put on her first store-bought red wool suit many years ago.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81708Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16515OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12409Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12217Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10403Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9163How to help tornado victims