Owners of Oklahoma City's First National Center settle foreclosure case
Attorneys for Capmark Bank dismissed the foreclosure case on Wednesday after finalizing a settlement with owners of Oklahoma City's First National Center.
The embattled Los Angeles-based owners of Oklahoma City's First National Center have settled a long-running foreclosure case with their lenders.
Attorneys for lenders Capmark Bank filed court papers Wednesday dismissing the foreclosure after making final arrangements with partnerships led by Millbank Real Estate and CEO Aaron Yashouafar.
Yashouafar-led investment groups bought the historic downtown office building for $21 million in 2006. Capmark Bank filed a foreclosure action in 2010 after a loan default. That was followed by a bankruptcy filing by First National Center's owners.
Earlier this year, Capmark agreed to dismiss the foreclosure with a $12 million payment. Yashouafar's investment groups and the bank then agreed to several extensions to forestall a court-ordered receivership of the property.
Leif Swedlow, an attorney for Yashouafar, said this week's resolution was beneficial for all parties. The bankruptcy filing by First National Center's owners was dismissed upon approval of the foreclosure settlement, he said.
“With their renewed ability to focus their attention on the building and its tenants, the owners and managers of this (Oklahoma City) landmark plan to resume renovations that had been previously started and to aggressively pursue a leasing program to increase occupancy,” Swedlow said in a statement.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims