Ozzie Smith wants to advise Cardinals' Furcal on how to adjust to arm injury
JUPITER, Fla. — As St. Louis Cardinals management, players and fans hold their collective breath waiting for shortstop Rafael Furcal to test his non-surgically repaired right elbow, another Cardinals shortstop remembers how he dealt with a torn rotator cuff for the last 11 years of his career.
NewsOK Related Articles
Like Furcal, who has a torn ligament in his right elbow, Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith did not opt for surgery after the 1985 season. “I didn't see that as a viable way to play,” said Smith....
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims