Pa. boy being home schooled due to spray allergy

Published on NewsOK Modified: March 21, 2013 at 4:50 am •  Published: March 21, 2013
Advertisement
;

BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) — An eastern Pennsylvania teenager whose allergic reaction to body spray prompted officials at his high school to ask students to stop using the fragrance is now being taught at home.

Freedom High School in Bethlehem this week asked students to stop using Axe Body Spray as a cologne or fragrance due to a student's allergic reaction.

On Wednesday, Rosa Silk told WFMZ-TV the student who suffered the reaction was her son, 15-year-old Brandon Silk. The freshman says his throat started closing up after breathing in the smell. In the span of nine days, the family says his throat closed up three times and he had to be rushed to the hospital.

For now, he's being taught at home.

Unilever, which makes Axe, says it is looking into the report.


Advertisement


Trending Now



AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
  2. 2
    Peaches Geldof Funeral to Be Held on Easter Monday
  3. 3
    Mayor Who Fired Lesbian Police Chief Caught On Tape In Homophobic Tirade
  4. 4
    NBA commissioner wants to raise age limit to 20
  5. 5
    Dream guitars I wouldn't mind calling my own (34 Photos)
+ show more