Pa. DEP issues permit for gas-fired power plant
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection has issued a permit for a new electric power plant that will be supplied at least partly with locally produced natural gas from the Marcellus Shale.
The agency says in a release Wednesday that Moxie Liberty LLC of Vienna, Va. plans to build the plant in Bradford County, about 60 miles west of Scranton.
The proposed plant could be completed in two or three years and will generate 468 megawatts of electricity.
A boom in natural gas production in Pennsylvania has led many utilities to consider shifting away from using coal as the primary fuel.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 13135OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6692Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6620Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5959Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5205Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5081Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers