Pacers give Frank Vogel contract extension
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Indiana Pacers have signed coach Frank Vogel to a contract extension.
The team did not provide details Monday about the length or terms of the new deal.
Vogel replaced Jim O'Brien as the Pacers coach Jan. 30, 2011 and has led them to the playoffs each of the last two seasons. Last year under Vogel, the Pacers won their first playoff series since 2005. They also led the Heat 2-1 in the Eastern Conference semifinals before losing the next three games.
The Pacers had a rough start this season after losing All-Star swingman Danny Granger to a knee injury, but Vogel has turned things around. Indiana is the Central Division leader at 20-14.
Vogel is 82-56 in his three seasons as a head coach, all in Indy.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in