Pagano pays another visit to Colts
"No, I don't think emotion but I think they can with purpose, purpose being that they're not going to let each other down for one common goal," he said. " I've seen it so many times where a group of guys band together, and different slogans, 'Won't be denied', this or that or whatever, they all come up with something, this is just '1-2-3-Chuck.'"
Arians noted that Pagano passed out links of a chain to every player in the first week of the season and the message has taken hold: "Don't be the weak link. It's kind of a common thread throughout everything."
Also Friday, the Colts elevated cornerback Teddy Williams from the practice squad to the active roster, waiving cornerback Marshay Green in favor of a guy who didn't play college football.
Williams was a track and field standout at Texas-San Antonio and an undrafted free agent in 2010. He spent last season on the Cowboys' practice squad before he was waived in August. Williams, who ran the 100 meters in 9.9 seconds in college, was signed to the Colts practice squad on Oct. 30.
Tight end Coby Fleener and cornerback Vontae Davis will not play against the Patriots (6-3) on Sunday.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction