Pain management treatment changes
An estimated 76 million Americans suffer chronic pain. Now, the pain field is evolving as doctors and pain sufferers look beyond opioids such as morphine, Lortab and OxyContin and take a look at meditation, acupuncture and herbs.
Pain management has changed dramatically since the days when doctors placed a bullet in a patient’s mouth and splashed whiskey on the wound. Now, specialists devote their lives to managing pain.
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 83313Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 56374Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33323Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23846Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 23231Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8483Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8265Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters