Pair are accused of holding five people hostage in southwest Oklahoma City
A convicted sex offender accompanied a woman to her ex-boyfriend's Oklahoma City apartment, where they held the residents hostage for two hours, police reported.
One of two people arrested Monday on kidnapping complaints is a registered sex offender, Oklahoma City police said.
Alex Christopher Salazar, 32, and Jennifer M. Salinas, 27, were arrested on five kidnapping complaints. Salazar also was arrested on complaints of assault with a dangerous weapon, failure to register as a sex offender, living too close to a park and possession of a firearm.
Police were called about 11:40 a.m. Monday to the 2700 block of W Interstate 240 Service Road, where they found Salinas's ex-boyfriend wandering around with blood on his hands, according to the police report.
The ex-boyfriend told police he ran out of his apartment after Salazar pistol whipped him.
The ex-boyfriend's roommates told police Salinas came to their apartment with Salazar so she could retrieve her property. She told the roommates to go to the back bedroom while she searched the apartment.
They told police they were made to stay in the back bedroom for two hours. Police noted the roommates looked visibly afraid and cried while they were talking to officers.
Police found Salazar using the toilet in the apartment and found Salinas in the back bedroom, according to the report.
Police found a loaded .380 pistol wrapped inside a black hoodie in the back bedroom.
Salazar is a convicted sex offender from San Antonio, according to the police report. He also had three suspended sentences for forging notes, checks and bills, bail jumping and violation of sex offenders' registration in Oklahoma County, according to the state Corrections Department's website.
Salazar and Salinas were taken to the Oklahoma County jail. Bail was set at $250,000 for Salinas and $527,000 for Salazar.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments