Pajoy's goal in 67th lifts United past Union
CHESTER, Pennsylvania (AP) — Lionard Pajoy scored in the 67th minute to lead D.C. United to a 1-0 victory over the Philadelphia Union in Major League Soccer on Thursday.
D.C. moved into fourth place in the Eastern Conference, one point ahead of Houston and two ahead of Columbus.
Philadelphia remained ninth place in the East, one point behind New England.
United scored after Chris Pontius approached the box and drew Union goalie Zac MacMath out of the goal. Pontius passed it to Pajoy, who sent it into the open net for his seventh goal of the season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims