Panathinaikos draws 1-1 at home with Aris
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Paanthinaikos slipped up again in the Greek league this season by drawing 1-1 at home with 10-man Aris on Sunday.
Yannis Gianniotas' equalizer for Aris came in the 88th minute, causing the home fans to jeer their players as they left the field at the end of the match.
Lazaros Christodoulopoulos' 76th-minute penalty opened the scoring for Panathinaikos, which remains winless at home with four draws from as many games.
Aris captain Grigoris Papazaharias was shown a red card for bringing down Ibrahim Sissoko to concede the penalty.
Panathinaikos, last season's runner-up, is in eighth place after seven rounds, 13 points behind leader Olympiakos.
Also Sunday, Asteras beat Veria 3-0, Giannena won 3-0 at Panthrakikos and Atromitos and Levadiakos battled to a scoreless draw.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated