Pancakes and Pilots event lands in Shawnee
Antique and military aircraft will be on display at Pancakes and Pilots event in Shawnee.
SHAWNEE — Airplanes and flapjacks are on the menu Friday and Saturday in Shawnee for the annual Pancakes and Pilots fly-in and air show.
The film “Red Tails” will be shown outside at 8 p.m. Friday at Shawnee Regional Airport. Families are encouraged to bring blankets and lawn chairs for the free movie, which chronicles the experiences of the Tuskegee Airmen during World War II.
Saturday, gates open at Shawnee Regional Airport at 8 a.m. with a pancake breakfast. Tickets are $5. Pilots and military personnel will be admitted at 7:30 a.m.
The opening ceremony begins at 11:55 a.m., and the air show will run until 2 p.m. There will be a flyby from the War Birds, and helicopter rides will be for sale.
Law enforcement and medical aircraft will be on display as well as antique planes.
Admission is free, but parking is $5 per car.
For more information, call the Shawnee Regional Airport at 878-1532.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction