Pancakes and Pilots event lands in Shawnee
Antique and military aircraft will be on display at Pancakes and Pilots event in Shawnee.
SHAWNEE — Airplanes and flapjacks are on the menu Friday and Saturday in Shawnee for the annual Pancakes and Pilots fly-in and air show.
The film “Red Tails” will be shown outside at 8 p.m. Friday at Shawnee Regional Airport. Families are encouraged to bring blankets and lawn chairs for the free movie, which chronicles the experiences of the Tuskegee Airmen during World War II.
Saturday, gates open at Shawnee Regional Airport at 8 a.m. with a pancake breakfast. Tickets are $5. Pilots and military personnel will be admitted at 7:30 a.m.
The opening ceremony begins at 11:55 a.m., and the air show will run until 2 p.m. There will be a flyby from the War Birds, and helicopter rides will be for sale.
Law enforcement and medical aircraft will be on display as well as antique planes.
Admission is free, but parking is $5 per car.
For more information, call the Shawnee Regional Airport at 878-1532.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12316OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7699Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6657Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6438Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5739Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4894Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4675Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers