Pandora, Gap, Sears are market movers
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Stock Market:
The Buckle Inc., up $3.08 at $46.28
The teen retailer said that a key revenue measurement rose 4.5 percent in August as teens bought back-to-school outfits.
Gap Inc., up 94 cents at $36.11
Thanks to back-to-school shoppers, the clothing retailer said that August revenue at stores open at least a year jumped 9 percent.
Pandora Media Inc., up $1.44 at $11.52
The Internet radio service said that its second-quarter loss widened. But it said that revenue from mobile devices jumped.
Sears Holdings Corp., down $4.55 at $52.90
Standard & Poor's said that it will remove the department store operator's stock from its S&P 500 index next week.
TiVo Inc., down 32 cents at $9.04
The maker of digital video recorders posted a loss in the second quarter, even as more subscribers signed up for its services.
Vera Bradley Inc., down $2.09 at $21.53
Due to higher costs and weak demand for its summer products, the handbag maker said second-quarter net income fell 2 percent.
Alco Stores Inc., down 11 cents at $6.55
Hurt by a drought in the Midwest, the discount retailer said that revenue in stores open at least one year fell 4.3 percent.
Ciena Corp., down $3.26 at $13.46
The communications equipment maker posted a higher-than-expected third-quarter loss and its outlook fell short of analysts' expectations.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 96630Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13870Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9391Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8546Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8291OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7627How to help tornado victims
- 7193Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges