Panel to probe allegations against sex offender David Harold Earls
McALESTER — A grand jury investigation will get under way in McAlester this week into alleged crimes by a convicted child rapist.
The Pittsburg County grand jury was seated last week at the request of Attorney General Drew Edmondson's office. The panel was convened to look into allegations against 65-year-old David Harold Eugene Earls.
Earls was sentenced in May to one year in jail under a plea bargain agreement for the rape of a 4-year-old McAlester girl.
After his sentence drew public outrage, at least three women have come forward with allegations of sexual assault by Earls when they were children.
Edmondson says the grand jury will probe alleged sexual crimes committed by Earls against children that were never charged.
Information from: McAlester News-Capital, http://www.mcalesternews.com
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located