Panera profit rises 34 percent as customers pay up
Revenue rose 15 percent to $571.6 million, beating expectations of analysts polled by FactSet of $567.4 million. Costs rose 13 percent to $488.2 million. Like other companies in the food industry, Panera has had to deal with higher costs for ingredients and materials.
For the current quarter, Panera expects profit of $1.62 to $1.66 per share. That depends on revenue in stores open at least a year growing 4 to 5 percent. So far in the quarter, that metric is up 3.9 percent.
Analysts expected profit of $1.62 per share in the first quarter.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 17917Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11872Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10569OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10552Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10275Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9958Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9874Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss