Panthers sign ex-Seahawks DT Cole
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Carolina Panthers announced they've signed defensive tackle Colin Cole, an eight-year NFL veteran who has been out of the league the past two seasons.
The 6-foot-2, 328-pound Cole has played in 84 career games with 34 starts. He most recently saw action with the Seattle Seahawks, starting 26 games there in two seasons. He has not played in the league since suffering an ankle injury near the end of the 2010 season.
Cole entered the NFL with the Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted rookie free agent from Iowa in 2003 and finished that season with Detroit. He played five seasons with the Green Bay Packers (2004-08) before joining the Seahawks.
Cole becomes the first player signed by new Panthers GM Dave Gettleman.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad