Panthers starting WR LaFell doubtful for Redskins
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Panthers starting wide receiver Brandon LaFell is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game against the Washington Redskins.
LaFell missed the entire week of practice with post-concussion symptoms after taking a shot to the head in a 23-22 loss the Chicago Bears last Sunday.
Coach Ron Rivera says he'll get an update on LaFell's status Saturday but right now "it doesn't look good."
Rivera says either Louis Murphy or Kealoha Pilares will be the No. 2 receiver.
Rivera wouldn't rule out bringing wide receiver David Gettis off the PUP list. Carolina as until Tuesday to make a decision on Gettis.
Carolina's defensive line is also banged up.
Defensive ends Antwan Applewhite (hamstring) and Thomas Keiser (elbow) are doubtful and Frank Alexander (knee) is questionable. Defensive tackle Dwan Edwards (ankle) is questionable.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort